Please clarify. Without minerals in your water you become sick, your immune system can no longer fight off the simplest pathogen. If discussing EXCESSIVE minerals of one or more elements or a known mineral compound that has been processed and now has loose ions that cause it to become a toxic substance then an appropriate ion exchange system would be a first step. ( this allows you to extract the toxic portion and excessive amounts without destroying the nutritional value of the water). If cleaning and balancing is too expensive. Try adding mineral rocks after the cleaning process. You will get the very pure water like rocky mountain pure with the correct nutrients already balanced for you. Zero chance of pathogens or toxic substances. ph will also be balanced. Yes I know. 8th grade earth science. but it still works.