Do you have any feedback on the use of a rotary drum for sludge thickening?
asked 12 November 2015 asked by Breizh'eau (25920 points)
In our WWTP: physico-chemical system + MBBR technology
- Alfa Laval Aldrum Midi drum thickener
- Sludge inlet: variable DM from 3 to 8 gr/l (mixing and homogenizing with agitator: extraction of primary Actiflo sluge and Actiflo clarification on MBBR effluent), 65 to 70% dry volatile matter
- Drum thickener: maximum operational load rate: 100 kg DM/h at 20 m3/h at 5 gr DM/L
- Capture rate > 95%, specific polymer consumption: 7 to 9 kg/Tn of DM in powdered polymer form.
- Concentration of thickened sludge 70 to 100 gr/L, then dewatering on Andritz D3L-HP centrifuge
- Very low energy consumption: small gear motor
- Continuous washing of filter cloth with nozzles and treated water (300µm Amiad filters)
- Once a week, chemical spraying of filter cloths with diluted hydrochloric acid solution and Karcher-type high-pressure washer.
Hello, Thank you for your answer